Wednesday, March 20, 2013

CGMA: Finals For Winter 2013

Hello everyone,

Just wrapped up my finals for my CGMA Digital Painting and Environment Sketching. Much respect to my instructors: Derek Kosol and Phil Dimitiriadis. Both guys are amazing artists and wonderful teachers. I learned a lot from them this quarter. In fact, there is no way I could've put together anything close to the following 3 images just 8 short weeks ago.




The monochrome image is my final for the Environment Sketching class. The top line shows building  concepts together with a very rough sketch. The second block (of 4 images) is a series of value studies; my assignment was to show the same scene under different lighting conditions. The bottom section of the page is a cleaned up and detailed version, based on one of the value studies.

The final for my Digital Painting class consisted of 2 separate images: a character development sheet and an environment design. Same idea for these 2 images: ideation, color studies, final.

I have a bunch of pictures from my live drawing class, but I need to finish my quarter (in a week or so) and download them off my phone. I'll have them up very soon.