Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More Values and Gestures

I need to come up with a clever way of giving titles to essentially the same type of postings day in and day out.

100 more pose gestures: first I increase the interval to 60 seconds to flesh out my gestures a bit more, then I got bored and dropped the time to 15 seconds per pose. If you wonder why they look like stick figures, it's because that's all I could do in 15 seconds. It was interesting.

100 more face gestures: I'm at 500 face gestures now. Still weak, but I feel that I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

Value study: about 30 minutes. Grabbed someone's photo off the web (if you know who took the spoon picture, please let me know - it's a great shot and I'd love to give credit for it) and made a 4 tone value study of it's shininess. The effect would've been even better if I could push the range values out into full black and white, but rules are rules: 4 values around the midtone range.