Saturday, May 24, 2014

Art Training Snapshot Reboot: may 24, 2014

Reading Austin Kleon's most amazing book - I am referring to the yellow one, his black book is just as great - made me realize that I've been stuck in a mini ego-trip.

Instead of posting and sharing my progress (or lack thereof) on a regular basis, I've been waiting for "good" samples to show up. But since nothing I do is any good, at least not according to my personal arbitrary benchmarks ;) , I've been fighting against the spirit of this blog. Waiting for mythical brilliance to bestow its glory upon this world is a futile and counter-productive endeavor. I should have recognized this much sooner. I apologize.

Time to remedy this flaw. I've set a reminder on my phone and will attempt to post every other day. I will do my best to post snapshots of my work in all their crude and deficient splendor.

As I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I'm working on a yet to be announced project/challenge: I took a very old training method which has been all but abandoned, put a brand new spin on it and now I'm waiting to see if it's going to work as advertised almost a century ago.

I'm in the final 30% of the process. I expect to complete and unveil the full scope of the project within a month or two.

Here are the daily snapshots. I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's been following my posts for all your support and encouragement.