Friday, June 28, 2013

Crazy Friday Update

Hi everyone! This week turned out to be extra crazy. I did manage to draw and paint a little bit. My goal was to draw 6 to 10 muscle figures to catch up on the last week on Analytical Figure drawing which I've missed.

I managed to draw 2 figures, 6 thumbnail paint studies and started working my way through the 1out of 4 Scott Robertson DVDs. The Robertson stuff is perspective drills (cubes, cylinders and perspective grids), so I'm not going to show them this time.

I'll try to draw 4 more figures next week. That should give me some sense of closure.

I'm trying to simplify my thumbnails where the final image looks like an abstract construct with impressionist colors, but when shrunk, it should feel like a photograph. It's getting there. Controlling values, temperature and saturation all at once is quite hard, but should allow me to makes some cool work when I get the process down.