Monday, May 27, 2013

Halfway Through 2013 Spring Quarter

Hi everyone. Sorry I went AWOL for a while. I'm still recovering from the winter quarter and my spring classes are kicking my butt. But no worries - I'm watching lectures and doing my homework between those pesky blackout spells :)

On a related note, one of my pieces from last quarter's Life Drawing class took 3rd place in a local Art Show in the Figure Drawing category. So, woot!

Here's some of the stuff I've been working on since my last update. Nowhere near stellar, but at least I'm keeping up, more or less. This is homework from the last couple of weeks.

Drawing those figures is painfully slow. I watch Michael sketch his examples and get inspired to do 5 or 10 per session. A few hours later I'm lucky to end up with 2. And now I'm cringing as I'm waiting for Derek's critique of my color "weapon" designs.

I'm whining again. I'm shutting up. Enjoy the pics.