Monday, February 18, 2013

More Live Studies

Hi everyone!

Sorry it took me a while to post an update. I've been slammed with all my classes and work. Here are a few new pieces I did in my Live Study class. The image with the 2 models was giving me so much grief, I almost gave up. I decided to continue out of stubbornness and ended up with a somewhat presentable piece.

The model sitting with her back toward us was done in about 40 minutes, the model on her back was completed in around 30. The piece with two models took about 2 hours 20 minutes of intense struggle, at which point I erased the sitting model and drew an improved version of her in the last 20 minutes of the 3 hour session.

The lesson I learned from all these is that I need to improve my understanding of hands (among other things), so I'm doing a bunch of hand copies from Bridgman. I hope we'll see an improvement in the future.

I'll try to post new work from my CGMA classes, when I make something post-worthy.